Bohemia Interactive Simulations is introducing a new licensing management system in 2017. The new system from WIBU CodeMeter will provide customers with greater flexibility and help reduce overhead.
Read the FAQ below to learn about how the new license management system will help you access BISim software products with greater ease to meet your simulation needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is WIBU CodeMeter?
WIBU CodeMeter is a licensing management and code protection system. WIBU allows a secure and easy way to distribute and update software licenses.
Why is BISim switching to a new licensing system?
The new license management system significantly reduces the management and administrative overhead that militaries and simulation industry customers have traditionally had to carry for license management.
How will I benefit from using WIBU CodeMeter?
- WIBU will enable BISim to more rapidly deliver licenses upon purchase of software products, so your personnel can start training faster. You will no longer have to wait for a physical dongle to arrive in the mail.
- The new system also provides the capability for updating licenses in classified networks.
- You will be able to download products directly from the new user-friendly licensing manager.
- You will be able to receive and update dongles and servers in both online and offline environments.
- WIBU eliminates the need to work with a physical dongle and can be attached to specific PCs, avoiding the possibility of lost or missing dongles.
- You will be able to get more information on licenses such as support dates via the new web interface.
When is BISim transitioning customers from HASP to WIBU?
BISim has already begun working with customers on the transition to WIBU Codemeter. Our next release VBS3 version 17.1 will continue to support our current licensing system Sentinel HASP as well as WIBU Codemeter. We will continue transitioning all customers to WIBU CodeMeter throughout the year in 2017. Contact your sales representative or program manager at BISim for more details about the timing of transitions to the new license management system.
Will I need to purchase all new dongles for this system?
No. Customers will only need new dongles when they are updating licenses in a secure offline environment. Significantly fewer physical dongles will be needed under WIBU Codemeter. Licenses are associated with specific machines. Licenses can be updated or added without dongles in an online environment.
Will my users/trainees notice any difference?
No. The change in license managers will not affect how BISim products run.
Do I need an internet connection each time my users want to use the software?
No, only the first time for license setup will an internet connection to your server be necessary. Individual computers can remain offline so long as the license isn’t a timed license - a license which times out will need to be reconnected to the Internet to renew it. Offline LANs can receive BISim software products through dongle transfer to servers installed on the offline LANs. BISim’s Customer Support team is available to assist with this delivery type.
What if a computer or component of the computer breaks? Will I have to purchase a new license?
No. When a component needs to be replaced on a computer, BISim can re-register the license, provided the customer purchased the license as perpetual or the timed license is still valid under terms of the agreement. If a computer is stolen or entirely scrapped, the license is lost unless the hard drive can be salvaged and then BISim Customer Support may be able to deactivate the license key and then reissue you a new one.
Send an email to [email protected]