ORLANDO, Fla. (USA) — Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim), a global developer of advanced military simulation and training software, announced today the release of the latest updates to its flagship products VBS3 and VBS Blue IG and the companion SDKs, VBS Simulation SDK and VBS IG SDK. Customers with active support will be able to download the latest version using VBS License Manager or by contacting support.
VBS3 v19.1 includes a host of new features and over 150 stability fixes, UI and capability improvements, and performance enhancements. Highlights of new features and capabilities in VBS3 v19.1 include
- a new easy-to-use, call-for-fire artillery application;
- improvements to VBS Radio performance and user experience;
- an active protection system that can be linked to any 3D vehicle in VBS3;
- improvements to ballistic characteristics;
- an in-game simulation of an augmented reality heads-up display (HUD); and,
- 111 new models including British Army armored fighting vehicles, experimental autonomous ground vehicles, and a set of new Russian vehicles.
VBS Blue IG Updates
VBS Blue IG v19.1 is packed with over 40 new features and improvements to enhance the immersiveness of your custom military training and visualization solutions. Here’s a quick overview of what’s new in the release:
- support for VR headsets, including the Valve Index and Varjo VR-1 and XR-1;
- graphics optimizations, including faster terrain paging;
- improved blending of satellite imagery and procedural terrain;
- lighting updates and enhancements;
- sensor degradation visuals;
- destructible building functionality; and,
- additional weather effects.
VBS Simulation SDK Update
VBS Simulation SDK v19.1 offers several new APIs and enhancements, including the following capabilities:
- full API control of the server/client setup;
- new event listeners providing access to updates to environmental parameters and VR device updates;
- new helper functions to ease interoperability with existing SQF commands;
- customer-provided functions can now be called from Control AI behavior trees;
- updates to VBS Control Editor, including support for simulation clients and improvements to road path-finding; and,
- a new sample plugin demonstrating the creation of render-to-texture surfaces which show a live video stream from a USB camera for mixed reality uses.
VBS IG SDK Update
VBS IG SDK v19.1 offers several new APIs and enhancements, including the following capabilities:
- more robust support for multiple viewports;
- configure sensor parameters on a per-camera-basis;
- adjust sensor parameters at runtime;
- assign cameras to views; and,
- access and assign crew positions within a platform.
Both VBS IG SDK and VBS Simulation SDK now include the updated Gears Studio 19.1, which adds improved code auto-generation for easier SDK development.
Supercharge Your Simulation and Training with the VBS3 Bundle
BISim recently introduced the VBS3 Bundle, which offers offers advanced features and capabilities. Previously, BISim offered premium features and capabilities for purchase only as separate licenses. The VBS3 Bundle brings together these premium features in a single, simple package and is priced to offer excellent value for money compared to the separate licenses.
The VBS3 Bundle combines VBS Control Behavior Pack 1, VBS Radio Pro, VBS Chalkboard Pro and the Chernarus terrain and, in future, will be expanded to include enhancements to VBS Behavior Pack 1 and VBS Chalkboard Pro as well as additional terrains.
Existing license holders of VBS Radio Pro and VBS Control Behavior Pack 1 have the opportunity to upgrade for free to VBS3 Bundle in return for an increased Software Updates and Support fee (contact our sales team for advice on exchanging licenses).
About Bohemia Interactive Simulations
Founded in 2001, Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) is a global software company at the forefront of simulation and training solutions for defense and civilian organizations. Our mission is to harness the explosive potential of technology to revolutionize training and simulation.BISim utilizes the latest game-based technology and a large, experienced in-house team of engineers to develop high-fidelity, cost-effective training and simulation software products and components for defense applications.